Tuesday, November 20, 2007

buy handmade.


I've begun thinking about christmas presents for this year and I had been toying with the idea of trying to make as many presents as possible, but after checking out BUY HANDMADE I definitely want to go that route. I dont think I could possibly make EVERY thing but I like the idea of checking out a few craft fairs next month and there a million things that the lovely ladies in my life would like on etsy.

I've read a lot of comments on different forums of people whining about no one in their families wanting handmade stuff or they feel like the people they are giving the gifts too will think they were just trying to be cheap but I consider myself pretty lucky that most everyone I would want to give a gift to appreciates the time/cost involved with handmade stuff.

I need to start brainstorming, there are a few things i already know for sure that im making!

1 comment:

rockandcookies said...

If I could make stuff I would. Maybe I'll pay you to make presents for me to give to people. You can start with making yourself a two faced cat.